“Successful person is not different, but the way he/ she work is different.”
In recent interviews of over 200 ultra-productive people including seven billionaires, 13 Olympians, 20 A-grade students and over 200 successful entrepreneurs were asked a simple, open-ended question, “What is your number one secret to productivity?” From their responses, many surprising but unique ideas came out.
In today’s article we will have a look on those 13 ways to work differently and to be more productive?
1. Focus on minutes, not hours: Don’t focus on hours; don’t forget that there are 1,440 minutes in the day. “Lost money can be made again, but time spent can never be reclaimed.” Master your minutes to master your life.
2.Focus only on one thing: Identify your Most Important Task (MIT); invest the first part of your day working on it to build your business without any interruption. What task will have the biggest impact on reaching your goal?
3. Don’ t use to-do lists: Throw away your to-do list, as undone items lead to stress and insomnia. “Schedule entire day into 15-minute blocks, will set you up in the 95 percentile.”
4. Beat procrastination with time travel Focus on – What can you do now to make sure your future self does the right thing? Anticipate how you will self-sabotage in the future, and come up with a solution to defeat your future self.
5. Use a notebook: “Always carry a notebook, Write everything down. That is a million dollar lesson that business schools don’t teach you!” Keep your mind free by writing everything down.
6. Process email only a few times a day: Don’t “check” email throughout the day. Don’t even respond to each vibration or ding. Instead, like everything else, schedule time to process your email quickly and efficiently.
7. Avoid meetings at all costs: “Never take meetings unless someone is writing a check.” Meetings are notorious time killers. You should get out of meetings whenever you can, hold fewer of them yourself, and if you do run a meeting, keep it short.
8. Follow the 80/20 principle: Known as the Pareto Principle, in most cases 80% of outcomes come from only 20% of activities. Identify which activities drive the greatest results, and focus on those and ignore the rest.
9. Delegate almost everything: Don’t think, “How can I do this task?” Instead think, “How can this task get done?” Take the “I” out of it as much as possible. Don’t have control issues and don’t be micro-managers.
10. Theme days of the week: Theme days of the week to focus on major areas. Like, “Mondays for Meetings”. Clean up unwanted items before the new week starts. Plan your work to maximize your efficiency and effectiveness.
11. Touch things only once: How often do you read an email, and leave it in your inbox to deal with later? Try to “touch it once.” It reduces stress since it won’t be in the back of your mind.
12. Practice a consistent morning routine: Most people focus on ‘doing’ more to achieve more, instead every morning focus on ‘becoming’ more so that you can start doing less, to achieve more. Nurture your mind with meditation or prayer, inspirational reading, and journaling.
13. Energy is everything: You can’t make more minutes in the day, but you can increase your energy, which will increase your attention, focus, decision-making, and overall productivity.
Please Click Here to explore more.